Resources for Grading/Assessing your organizations Data Literacy

Is anyone aware of any resources to grade/score/benchmark your organization's Data Literacy?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey Spencer,

Do you mean outside the assessment here on site? Not sure if you have taken the certification exam yet, but coming from someone who just took it last week, it is not a cakewalk and definitely will give a fair assessment of a particular person's data literacy.

• Hi,

I had a quite similar question. I think what Spencer meant to ask (or that's at least what I would like to know) is if there is a website where the data literacy assessment is set up for the whole organization (in a private link) and where the results would be saved.

Please correct me if I am wrong but currently only individuals can take the assessment on your site and also only those individuals see their personal result/ persona.

I would be even interested in a solution that would lock the user's Qlik account until they have taken the assessment. Kind of like a welcome screen that blocks the view on the Qlik hub until the assessment is completed.

• Hi @Spencer_Sobczak and @ff_2015_Jansen,

There are ways we can support organizations to implement a tailored version of the Data Literacy Assessment. If you are interested, please contact the Data Literacy Project at [email protected].

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

Shauna,

The Data Literacy Project

• Thanks for all the responses! - all of which I will look into.

To clarify, I am looking for resources to grade the organization's data literacy as a whole - but perhaps this is impossible without testing all of the individuals? Perhaps the proper term for grading the organization as a whole leans more towards an "analytics maturity assessment" and any assessment of organization-wide data literacy requires the testing of all (or a sample) of individuals.

Thoughts? @Shauna_DLP @ff_2015_Jansen @Brian_Maucere

• Hi @Spencer_Sobczak,

When I've done these in the past it tends to be a multi-week process resulting in a gap analysis assessment of where they are versus where they need to be. From there you figure out the change effort required. Companies almost always underestimate the necessary investment in change and rather focus on technology to solve their woes.

In terms of technology-enabled literacy then a portal like Theia is a great vehicle as one of the channels of change and part of a wider approach.

Hope that helps,

Nick

• Hi everyone,

@Spencer_Sobczak there are two resources I'd like to point you to: 1. if you're a Gartner client you can access their Data Literacy: Organisational Assessment which is included in their "Information as a Second Language" research. This is very much a maturity assessment tool. 2. I'd encourage you to also have a look at our work through Data To The People - we offer an organisational assessment (which is measured at an individual level and then aggregated to your organisational attributes) - you can read more here: www.datatothepeople.org

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in this area.

Thanks

Jane

• I am looking for the same thing mentioned here - the ability to gauge the data literacy health / score for an organization. I like the Data Literacy framework so looking to see if there is a way to utilize the individual testing here to correlate with an overall score for an org / team.

Thank you,

Kevin Conley

• Hi All,

Surely the groundbreaking work with Wharton University ”corporate data literacy - scoring firms and firm performance” has to be mentioned here?

But I’d like to see more studies on what they started